Wed, 24 Apr|
Agile at Tesla and SpaceX with Joe Justice
Unique opportunity to discover the secrets of successful agile hardware and software development and continuous innovation at Tesla and SpaceX, based on Joe's experience at the companies.
Time & Location
24 Apr 2024, 09:00 – 17:00 CEST
Munich, In-Person Workshop
About the event
Learn what Agile and Digital Transformation is really about, based on Joe Justice’s experience from Tesla and SpaceX.
After a well-received and sold out workshop in Oct 2023, we are offering this unique course with Joe Justice again on April 24th 2024.
Agile hardware development improves business growth, product innovation, and speed of response to change. For example, a traditional automotive company takes 2.5 years for a minor change and 5 to 7 years for a significant change. In an agile automotive company, headlights, taillights, and charging ports are changed in two days. These changes are made more than 20 times a week and are all installed in the vehicle.
How is this possible?
Agile development reduces bottlenecks to a company’s design and manufacturing speed, such as approvals, budgets, and responses to change.
Joe shares the following story: ‘Many business people say that software has caused so many innovations that “software eats the world. But it is not software that is eating the world. Software companies are only a small fraction of the first companies to become agile and achieve rapid release. It is Agile that is eating the world.”
Who's Joe Justice?
Joe is the creator of the Extreme Manufacturing, a TEDx Speaker, and a Certified Scrum Trainer®, He has taught Agile at a number of leading global companies and has worked in more than 20 countries. He has led Agile practices at companies such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing, Tesla, Toyota, NEC, and KDDI. Learn more about Joe here.
- Module 1: Launch. How to onboard people and teams and re-launch existing people.
- Module 2: Fast Company: How to restructure business units and divisions for the maximum pace of innovation.
- Module 3: Innovate: Changing budget processes for responsiveness.
- Module 4: Budget: Updating supporting budget policies and contracts to match your new agile company structure.
- Module 5: Module: Splitting the products and services into parallel execution for maximum speed.
- Module 6: Lean Coffee: Self-organization of the work and timelines for lean innovation.
- Module 7: Fast Team: agile team structures to increase financial efficiency.
- Module 8: Digital Self Management: Improving human performance with excellent software.
- Module 9: Justice Board: Self-forming teams with financial responsibility.
- Module 10: xM: creating a factory that wants design updates daily.
- "Joe Justice's Agile workshop was a revelation for me as a Danish business professional. It went beyond theoretical knowledge, offering a pragmatic look into the practices of pioneering companies. The workshop format was interactive, allowing us to delve deep into our questions. Additionally, the excellent lunch and the inviting atmosphere of the room facilitated networking and created a comfortable environment for learning. This workshop is a must-attend for anyone serious about implementing Agile at the highest level." -- Torben Madsen, Partcipant at Joedx event with AgileUplift in Oct 2023, Managing Director, Compass Academy
- "I was able to spend a day of thoughtful and engaged interaction with Joe Justice learning from Joe's experiences working at Tesla and SpaceX. The small-group setting provided a lot of opportunities to talk in detail, ask probing questions, try out some new techniques hands-on, and learn a bit about how these companies do things *very* differently. The day provided a lot to think over. We all had the chance to learn from Joe's years of agile experience combined with his structured and condensed observations about how Tesla and SpaceX achieve disruptive levels of continuous innovation in live hardware production streams right from the factory floor. The day wasn't just about agile, this was agile on steroids. It was a lot to take in and the source of new ideas I look forward to making use of soon! Thanks to Taghi Paksima and AgileUplift GmbH for organizing this highly interactive event " -- Corey Alguire, General Manager & Head of Product, Zeiss Group
Loads of inspiration and insights from Joe Justice, an avalanche of networking opportunities, lunch and coffee breaks, and a surprise gift signed by Joe!
Who's this training for?
This training is for you if you are an executive, leader, manager, coach, or consultant in a product development environemnt (hardware or software).
Can I pay via invoice?
Certainly. Just book your seat(s) through this form and we will be happy to send you or your respective company an invoice. Contact us via email@example.com if you wish to place a purchase order or have any questions.
Booking from outside EU?
VAT is applicable for all EU registrations. If you are not from EU, please book through this form so we can help you pay without VAT.
Interested in an inhouse workshop/keynote with Joe Justice?
We have been parterning with Joe to bring his insights to companies across Europe. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to organise an in-person (or virtual) workshop with Joe Justice at your company.
Book Your Seat
- Sale ends: 31 Dec, 23:50 CET
Super Early Bird€1,050.00Tax: +€199.50 VAT
Early Bird€1,250.00Tax: +€237.50 VATGoes on sale: 01 Jan, 00:00 CET
Regular Price€1,350.00Tax: +€256.50 VATGoes on sale: 01 Apr 2024, 00:00 CEST